Installing LED Lights at Home – Potential savings by installing energy saving LED’s
How do I estimate the potential savings I can make by installing LED Lights at home?
Firstly this isn’t as difficult as you might imagine.
If you are like most of us you have a variety of lights throughout your home or premises and they will all be used for varying amounts of time each day. In fact, the time they are used will vary day to day depending on the time of year.
Just follow these steps and you will arrive at a pretty good estimate of what you can expect to save by changing over to LED lights from your existing lighting.
- Identify which rooms you will be changing to LED lights
- List for each room the number and type of each light is currently used in it
- Identify the LED you will be using to replace each of the above lights
- Estimate the number of hours each of the lights is in use each day for the summer months and the winter months then take the average
- Use the Light by LED calculator to work out the saving for the light of the same type in each room
- Add up the individual savings from above
Now you have a much more accurate view of the savings you can expect to achieve on your energy costs by installing energy saving LED’s at home.